Get ready for the next installment in VillaDirect’s Free in Orlando blog series: Free things to do in Orlando in October! This month’s post focuses on Halloween and fall festivals, so check it out, and save money without sacrificing a great time with our top picks for free fun during the year’s spookiest month!
Free October Events:
- Oct 7: Wednesday Night Pitcher Show– Free showing of “The Faculty” on the lawn starting at 8pm.
- Oct 8: Popcorn Flicks– Free showing of “The Thing from Another World” at 8pm in Winter Park. Bring a blanket, food, family and friends.
- Oct 9-11: Community Fall Festival– live entertainment, rides and games, food, crafts, bingo, live and silent auction, and cash raffle.
- Oct 10: Avalon Oktoberfest– A beer garden for the adults, root beer garden for the kiddies, German food, music and a street festival.
- Oct 10-11: Winter Park Autumn Art Festival– Community-oriented sidewalk show presents quality visual art, live entertainment, children’s activities and more.
- Oct 14: Wednesday Night Pitcher Show– Free showing of “Dracula: Prince of Darkness” on the lawn starting at 8pm.
- Oct 16-18: CommunityFest 2015– live entertainment, carnival rides and games, a food court, arts and crafts, bingo, auction and children’s activities.
- Oct 21: Wednesday Night Pitcher Show– Free showing of “A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors” on the lawn starting at 8pm.
- Oct 23-24: Oktoberfest– Celebration Town Center transforms before your very eyes as the falling leaves of the season drop on Market Street in the Fall Festival known as Oktoberfest.
- Oct 24-26: Fall festival in Apopka– featuring international food booths, live music, entertainment, rides and games for the whole family to enjoy!
- Oct 25: Halloween Howl at Rollins College– A fun and safe event for the entire family with a costume contest, trick-or-treating, haunted houses, arts and craft activities and carnival games from 2-5pm.
- Oct 28: Wednesday Night Pitcher Show– Free showing of “Beetlejuice” on the lawn starting at 8pm.
- Oct 30: EolaWeen– Family-friendly Halloween event with arts & crafts, food, carnival games, live entertainment, trick or treating and children’s costume contests!
- Oct 31: Halloween at Cranes Roost Park– Halloween at Cranes Roost Park is a community-oriented trick-or-treat alternative for kids from 5-9pm.
- Oct 31: Trunk or Treat Food Truck Night– locals decorate their cars and shell out candy for trick or treaters in this community Halloween event.
- Oct 31: Halloween in the Park– Family friendly event with trick-or-treat booths, games a costume contest with prizes and a movie in the park, all from 5:30 -9pm.