30 Things to Do in Orlando While the Kids are Still Kids
Central Florida is the world’s number one family travel destination for a reason: there’s no shortage of kid-friendly activities that the whole family can enjoy. And we’re not just talking theme parks (even though there’s a few park stops on our list). From nature trails and boat rides to sweet treats, stargazing and more, we have a list of 30 things to do in Orlando before while your kids are still kids!
1. Go stargazing at the Orlando Science Center Planetarium.
2. Take an airboat rides through the Florida swamps, rich with unique wildlife.
3. Meet Mickey Mouse at Disney World.
4. Experience a little weird science at Wonderworks, Kissimmee’s famous upside down building.
5. Get lost in Long & Scott’s Corn Maze during the Fall, find your way out, and then take a hay-ride through the sprawling farm.
6. See the Atlanta Braves swat a few homers at one of their spring training games at Disney’s Wide World of Sports.
7. Go head-to-head with the rest of the family in the go-karts at Fun Spot.
8. Take a swan boat ride over at Lake Eola.
9. View the beautiful manatees at Blue Springs State Park.
10. Come during the holidays and see the life-size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian resort.
11. Spend a day at the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium discovering various historic oddities.
12. Putt-putt your heart out at Congo River Golf.
13. Check out the rare albino alligator at Gatorland and see their gator wrestling show.
14. Zipline through the trees at Gatorland in Kissimmee.
15. Spend the day slipping and sliding around Wet n’ Wild.
16. Beat the heat, and go ice skating at RDV Sportsplex.
17. Pet and feed sting rays and dolphins at SeaWorld.
18. During the non-summer months, visit the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens and picnic with the elephants.
19. Attend an Orlando Magic basketball game.
20. Drink a pint of Butter Beer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
21. Ride a bike on the scenic West Orange Trail.
22. See all of the millions of Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
23. Enjoy a scenic canoe tour of Wekiwa Springs.
24. Get a driver’s license with the kids from the LEGOLAND Driving School.
25. See Cinderella’s Castle at Disney’s Magic Kingdom light up with evening fireworks.
26. Drive out to Green Meadows Farmand petting zoo to meet with the animals, ride the train and take a pony ride.
27. Learn how to ride a horse at the Horse World Riding Stables.
28. Bounce around at the AirHeads Indoor Trampoline Arena.
29. Swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove.
30. Pick a bushel of Florida’s famous citrus from the U-Pick Showcase of Citrus in Clermont.
Have you done any of the activities above? Tell us how it went!