Don’t get “blown away”! – Hurricane vacation protection for your Orlando visit!
VillaDirect has delivered vacation dreams in central Florida for over 20 years. Because of this, we understand that with a beautiful Orlando vacation home comes the risk of an unwelcome Florida hurricane! We want you to be able to book your vacation with confidence! That is why VillaDirect provides all our guests with FREE hurricane vacation protection coverage.
First of all, it is straightforward to use. If a hurricane warning ( * see definition below ) gets issued by the National Hurricane Center (NHC) for the county you are staying in, you can postpone your vacation by up to 12 months.
Hurricane Vacation Protection applies to reservations that meet the following criteria:
- You must have booked the vacation home, townhouse, or condo with VillaDirect or a registered travel agent.
- Your stay must be between June 1 and November 30 (Florida’s hurricane “season”).
- Your reservation must be paid in full before the NHC issues the hurricane warning.
The conditions necessary for Hurricane Vacation Protection Coverage to be applied:
- The NHC must have issued a hurricane warning for the county where your vacation home is located. If the county has not issued such a warning, VillaDirect Hurricane Vacation Protection will not apply.
- For VillaDirect Vacation Hurricane Protection to be applied, the NHC warning must be issued within 48 hours before your arrival, alternatively, up to 48 hours before your departure.
- VillaDirect Hurricane Vacation Protection covers only your vacation’s remaining (unused) portion. If a warning is issued during your stay, only the remaining days will be available to re-book within 12 months.
- If the NHC issues a hurricane watch but not a hurricane warning, VillaDirect Hurricane Vacation Protection will not apply.
- You must call or email our offices to confirm you are requesting your hurricane protection coverage be applied. At that time, we will ensure that it can be, based on information provided by the NHC.
- Finally, VillaDirect Hurricane Vacation Protection will not apply to reservations for arrivals between November 21 and May 31 each year because there are no hurricanes during those months!
* A “Hurricane Warning” is a specific term and event issued by the National Hurricane Center. The National Hurricane Center defines it as “A warning that sustained winds of 64 kt (74 mph or 119 km/hr) or higher associated with a hurricane are expected in a specified area in 24 hours or less. A hurricane warning can also remain in effect when dangerously high water or a combination of dangerously high water and exceptionally high waves continue, even though winds may be less than hurricane force.”