Come and enjoy some FREE in Orlando FUN during your stay!
An Orlando family vacation is an unforgettable experience because it offers so many things to do. Orlando features many world famous theme parks, water parks, dining, entertainment, shopping, and outdoor activities to enjoy together.
Getting “in on the fun” doesn’t need to be expensive though. Orlando is home to a variety of no-cost entertainment, including museums, nature parks, car shows, outdoor markets and more! Keep the excitement going and keep your budget intact with our list of Orlando’s best “FREEBIE FUN” below. It is Free in Orlando!
Plan your vacation carefully – there’s so much to see and do here in Orlando, it is difficult to fit everything in!
Be sure to use our FREE Concierge service that can help you and your family make the most out of your Orlando vacation. We are here to help! Call us NOW TOLL-FREE on (866) 934-9177 for a Travel Concierge and let us Let us walk you through the various options to make your vacation one to remember for always.
Arts & Culture
Orlando has a vibrant art and cultural community. There’s never a shortage of free museum passes, art viewings, and tours in Orlando. Arts and cultural venues in Orlando are often free or discounted and have something for everyone to enjoy.
- Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art This Orlando area museum contains one of the world’s most impressive collections of artist Louis Comfort Tiffany. Admission is free Fridays, 4 pm to 8 pm November through April.
- Zora Neale Hurston National Museum of Fine Arts Take a stroll through history starting with the author’s humble beginnings. The museum also displays creative works of other artists of African descent. Admission is free.
- Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center The Center presents the history of the Holocaust. It also serves as a memorial to victims through artifacts, educational events, and films. Admission is free, but donations are accepted.
- CityArts Factory Found in bustling downtown Orlando. The CityArts Factory is an eclectic collection of art galleries showcasing local and international artists. Free admission Tuesday through Saturday from 11 AM. to 6 PM.
- Mennello Museum of American Art Visitors can make their crafts, get a tour with a docent and can also check out the museum’s open house free of charge. The museum is open on the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Nature Parks & Outdoors
Orlando’s natural beauty and landscape make it a great place for soaking up the sun and enjoying the outdoors. Many of Orlando’s parks and gardens also offer free admission on certain days and some on every day.
- Black Hammock Adventures This Lake Jessup attraction offers free live alligator and bird exhibits. Every Friday and Saturday at the Lazy Gator Bar, you can join the deck party and listen to live music.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens Harry P. Leu Gardens includes a butterfly garden, tropical steam garden, bamboo and palm gardens. There’s also a house museum dating to the 1880’s. Free admission from 9 AM to noon on the first Monday of every month.
- University of Central Florida Arboretum Home to more than 600 plant species, the UCF Arboretum is on an 80-acre property. Visitors can take a self-guided tour to view all the plant species.
- Winter Park Farmer’s Market Held from 7 AM to 1 PM every Saturday the market features local vendors and farmers selling homemade/homegrown specialties. You will also find fruits, vegetables, organic produce, baked goods and more.
- Lake Eola Park Lake Eola Park is in the heart of downtown Orlando surrounding a beautiful lake. Picnic along the shore, enjoy one of the many free concerts at the amphitheater. Feed the swans or stop by the Sunday farmer’s market.
- Big Tree Park The main attraction was a majestic 118-foot-tall bald cypress tree that was over 3,500 years old. Sadly, it was destroyed by a vandal, but the parks beautiful surrounding remain. Pack a picnic!
- Wekiwa Springs State Park Access is free to this beautiful state park. You can enjoy the natural history museum there. Finally, enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including natural spring access, canoeing, kayaking, camping, and hiking.
Food & Wine
Think we do not have signature vineyards in Florida? Think again. Combined with our large variety of dining, foodies can find many free events that revolve around eating and drinking.
- Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards Sitting on 80 breathtaking acres just north of Orlando, Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards offers free tours. You can also enjoy tastings and many free festivals and events.
- The Orlando Brewing Company This local brewery near downtown is the only organic brewery and tap room in the Southeast of the USA. Each weekend, there are free brewery tours, free WiFi, and free entertainment.
- Wine Down Sip wines by the glass. Listen to local bands and sample cuisine from local food trucks at the free Wine Down event. Held the second Friday of every month from 7-10 PM at the Quantum Leap Winery.
Orlando is a unique destination, and there are things to do here that you cannot do anywhere else in the world. Many of these venues are also free.
- Yoga by the Lake – in Lake Eola Park Join fellow Orlando yoga enthusiasts at the northern corner of Lake Eola for yoga by the lake. Everyone is welcome every Sunday at 11 AM.
- Disney Springs and Boardwalk Disney Springs is a new, fun place to experience the magic of Disney without the cost of one of the theme parks. Every month, there are additional festivities taking place around the shops and restaurants.
- Universal Orlando City Walk City Walk is a popular and free part of Universal Orlando Resort. You can enjoy sidewalk attractions, eat at great restaurants, and enjoy studio fun without the price tag of a theme park ticket.
Are you visiting Orlando soon? Don’t forget to visit VillaDirect.com for more information on things to do that are FREE in Orlando, as well as our best deals on vacation rentals, up to 60% off compared with area hotels! Stay tuned to VillaDirect’s FREE IN ORLANDO BLOG for updates on free activities and experiences. Alternatively, give one of our Guest Service Team a call for the latest offers and information.