Family travel tips, Orlando events
Valentine’s Day Vacation in Orlando
Valentine’s Day Vacation in Orlando
As the weather gets colder outside, why not plan a spicy and romantic winter getaway with your sweetheart to warm things up? A Valentine’s Day vacation is perfect because it’s in the middle of the winter and lots of places offer fantastic discounts for couples. Many people think of Orlando, Florida as a family destination, and while there are lots of activities for families, you can also ditch the kids and spend a few nights with just your partner, enjoying all of the adult experiences that Orlando offers. Here are just a few of the many Orlando hotspots for couples this Valentine’s Day.
- Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs – Amorette’s is located in the heart of Disney Springs, a downtown shopping and restaurant district that partners with the Disney theme parks. Amorette’s is famous for its decadent desserts, including New York style cheesecake and authentic French pastries. Every year, the restaurant unveils new desserts specifically for Valentine’s Day. Last year, they featured a “Beauty and the Beast” themed honey cake. Be sure to stop by with your sweetie to see what they are baking up this year!
- Hollywood Studios Brown Derby – The Hollywood Brown Derby is located inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios park. The restaurant is elegant and romantic–a throwback to Hollywood’s glamour era. The Hollywood Brown Derby features a special love-themed menu each Valentine’s Day, but be sure to make reservations well in advance. This place is very popular with lovebirds, so spots fill up quickly.
- Epcot’s Fountain View – The Fountain View coffee and bake shop inside of Epcot serves up lots of tasty treats at competitive prices. For Valentine’s Day, the eatery offers special cupcakes. The Fountain View is a great place to take a romantic break from touring the parks and snuggle up with your loved one and a steaming cup of coffee.
- DisneyWorld – DisneyWorld itself is world-renowned for its amazing rides, adventures, and holiday festivities. The parks certainly don’t cut corners during Valentine’s Day. End your day in the parks by watching a fireworks extravaganza while watching “Happily Ever After” on the backdrop of Cinderella’s castle. The short film will let you revisit some of your favorite and most romantic scenes from Disney’s epic films.
- B Resort and Spa – If rest and relaxation is more your speed, indulge in a couples massage at the B Resort and Spa. In addition to the massage, you’ll receive champagne and chocolate truffles and can enjoy the pool and saunas before and after your treatment. It’s a terrific way to unwind and rejuvenate together.
- Orlando Eye – What could be more romantic than experiencing the best views in town with your partner? Climb aboard the Orlando Eye to glide up to stunning views of the city and parks. You can also purchase a package that includes a ride on the Eye and a delectable meal from the Sky Bar. There are also discounts for Florida residents and members of the military, so be sure to snag discounts, if you can!
- Orlando Museum of Art – Art and culture lovers will enjoy the fabulous exhibits in the Orlando Museum of Art. An exhibit by Louis Dewis, a Belgian post-impressionist, will be coming to the museum just in time for Valentine’s Day this year. Grab some champagne with your sweetheart and stroll around the beautiful galleries.
- VillaDirect’s Guest Services offers several special occasion services including Romance packages perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Our Guest Services also provides special occasion packages. Check it out!
Orlando is a haven for foodies, adventure seekers, and art lovers alike.
Take in a theme park or opt for relaxation at a spa. A Valentines Day vacation is a great way to escape the cold and head to Orlando for some romance and fun!